Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my first Elk (cow) the last week of December. Thanks to all the people on this forum who gave me tips, advice, and locations. It was a very good time and I learned a lot about what to do and especially what NOT to do. If you want to see a pic of it hanging in my garage and read a short write up of my experience I have posted it here:

http://adventurejournal.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

P.S. No I didn't shoot it with the Benelli in the Picture. Just the closest gun when the camera was on.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nice work! Looks tasty, the fun has just begun, that is some the best meat you can get your hands on, enjoy!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow dude, that's quite the story. I hope you heal up fine! The elk should be great eating for you. I got mine about the same day, but was much easier to get to, and get out. I was across the canyon from you on the face between Hyrum and Paradise. We had a snowmoblie to hawl them out with (we got three). I cut mine up the same day. My wife and I had steaks today for dinner, and they were very good!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
All I can say is WOW. You wanted an elk pretty bad. I have had myself in those same situations while lion hunting. It's tough to heat the body up when it's wet and exausted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts