Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and tagmbagm went out today to (blank spot) sorry cant say.. we got set up about 3:30 id say. did not look at my phone but we got out of the truck at 3:05 so thats my guess, and got a few.. i got a nice drake sprig, nice drake green head, and a crummy drake shov. he got a hen mallard, an ok pin, and a good gadwall. i was off my shooting game for awhile AGAIN!.. i got back into the game after about 10 or so shells... Last 3 ducks i shot at went down. the mallard almost nail tagmbagm while coming down. Ha Ha. the sprig and mallard are in my freezer for me to try and stuff this year. going to attempt a red head sunday for my first one. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
No, we forgot to. We got home well after dark and it would have been hard to get good pictures. I got to try out the new hardware though. I bought a new Mossberg 935 two days ago and yesterday was its first adventure out. First shot dropped a decent drake pin. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds like a nice spot. I hit an easy to get to spot hoping for a good afternoon shoot. When I got there I was by myself. By the time I got set up there were all kinds of idiots following me. To make a long story short, these guys don't know the meaning of hunting ducks with decoys. I have never been so mad at fellow hunters.
I did manage to shoot 4 mallards and a nice drake pintail. (ALL CAME IN TO THE DECOYS TO LAND.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wish we would have been alone. We had people all over. We had flocks of 50+ pinnies and mallards getting ready to set into us when the guys around us would start to try to bust them. We would have had a lot more but I don't let that get under my skin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts