Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever ran one this size found one for a good deal but I have never ridden in one this size any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
The biggest I have been in is a 1854.
I don't know how well a 20 HP longtail would push something that size.
A boat that big would be difficult to hide. Is it riveted or welded?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all welded I got some better pictures of it last night and I don't think it's 60 wide but I'm going to go take a look at it and see what is myself. But that was my main concern was pushing with my 20 horse

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
IMO it probably wouldn't be fast or easy to hide.. that's more of a surface drive boat.

Reactions: chuck harsin

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
IF, I were to get that boat I would put at least a 35hp maybe even 45 hp surface drive on that boat. If you did that it would be one sweet boat.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I currently run an 18X60 with a 35 HP surface drive. I went to a bigger boat from a 16X48 as my boys got older and we needed more room. Now there are usually only 2 of us that go each week and I have more room than any 2 people would need.

Once you get the beast up on plane it's fine...but getting it there can be a problem...especially in really shallow or really deep water. I have found that hiding it is also an issue. We have tried several different blinds and materials...it's just BIG.

I would go back to a 16X48 with a 27 HP long tail in a minute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts