Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking back on this year I can honestly say the following words ...

"I Should Have Fished More."

I have been so busy and time just flew by! I did work on some of my presentations and mastered the fluke. I didn't get to Powell this year but finally got to Pelican! The come-out bait this year was the swimbait and you will now see some of utah's top anglers throwing more of them. The magazine is going to 4 issues next year so I will be spending more time in california. Hopefully if things go well ... I will have a boat in 08.

What about you guys? How was your year?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
So far it has been a good year for me. It was about a 400 or 500 fish summer. I lost count along the way. Mostly bass, but I caught the biggest bass of my life this summer in Northern Cal. I also caught two trophy walleyes in Wyoming. Right now is a tough time of year for me though as most of what I know how to fish has moved out too deep to get from shore. All in all a great year.
You may not remeber me, but we met a one of the bass club meetings. You taught me, J-bass, and Fishane about rigging senkos at Cabelas. Thanks, they really improved things for me.

I didn't get any wakeboarding in this year though. I will make sure to remedy that next summer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For me, it has been a wonderful year. I have logged over 200 hours on the water (way more than in years past and more than I'll probably ever do again). I mainly went after the warmwater fish. I fished mostly stillwater, and fished many new places (Yuba, Rockport, East Canyon to name a few), made it out to Pelican Lake, backpacked into the Uintas, and fished Deer Creek a lot. I caught tons and tons of dinks, but also landed a few nice ones during the year. All were released, though I'm pretty sure a few didn't make it.

I'm a fly fisherman, and fish for bass using buggers and streamers. I tried new colors (like purple, chartreuse, and maroon) and found success. I started using a fish-finder for the first time. I highly recommend getting a float tube or something similar to get out into the water. You have a lot more options to work the water column, points, dropoffs, use wave-action, things like that.

Like, Nibble Nuts, my year is winding down. The bassies don't like to play like they did in the summer. I'm still going out, though, but now I'm focusing more on trout. I hope to get out sometime Saturday. This nice weather can't last forever.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I did not get to fish this year as much as i would have liked to. I did get to spend alot of time with my wife, daughter and family so i guess in all honesty IMO my time was better spent...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd like to share my 2007 reflections, but I still have a month and a half to go and I don't really feel like slowing down at all. Right now I'm into catching some big trout, and the ice will be on soon, at least I hope it will, so I'll still have plenty to reflect on. I'll fill you in in January though.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Yeah, although I went fishing more this year than I think I ever have in any previous year, I would have liked to get out a little more than I did, and the year ain't over yet! I was able to fish some new places that I hadn't been to, I am trying to make a goal of not always going to the same few places I typically go.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was going to fish more this year as well, but then the Milford flat fire started and it was all over for me. Fighting fire is fun, but I would rather be fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts