Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the question, gdog. Alpinebowman is right about them all being in the larger report. I'm not sure why we didn't receive the usual breakdown of once-in-a-lifetime drawing odds reports, but I'll check on it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I saw the title of the report and didn't dig through it. Just knew in the past OIL info was broke out.

Not much has changed...should pull my moose tag within the next 50 years:shock::mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
It's great to see the success rates and satisfaction ratings as high as they are.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It's great to see the success rates and satisfaction ratings as high as they are.
Holly cow I guess!

Some of the general deer is off the charts....

I told everyone all last summer/fall I couldn't believe how good the deer looked
on Boulder, Monroe and Fishlake.
And now archery, YES ARCHERY success rates on those units at 40%....:shock:
I'm love'n it...:!:...:cool:.....

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I should probably already know this. When do the age classifications get posted for LE?
Just to clarify, Vanilla: Are you talking about 2015 tooth data? That should be posted by around the first week of March at the latest.

We also typically include some age data in the RAC packet that has the permit number proposals. That should be available online in late March/early April.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps I missed it, but did anyone see the harvest data for the limited entry bear hunts?
The harvest data for the 2015 limited-entry bear hunts won't be available for a few more months. It gets published in the annual report, which comes out in late spring/early summer. Here are the annual reports from 2001-2014.

We have received some of the age data back for bears harvested in the spring and summer of 2015. (Still waiting on the fall 2015 data.) If you're looking for age information on a bear you harvested, please let me know, and I can get you in touch with our biometrician.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Just to clarify, Vanilla: Are you talking about 2015 tooth data? That should be posted by around the first week of March at the latest.

We also typically include some age data in the RAC packet that has the permit number proposals. That should be available online in late March/early April.
I'm thinking of the data included in the RAC packets. I wish that was published prior to the end of the application period. That is data that could change tag numbers, and therefore application strategy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The harvest data for the 2015 limited-entry bear hunts won't be available for a few more months. It gets published in the annual report, which comes out in late spring/early summer. Here are the annual reports from 2001-2014.

We have received some of the age data back for bears harvested in the spring and summer of 2015. (Still waiting on the fall 2015 data.) If you're looking for age information on a bear you harvested, please let me know, and I can get you in touch with our biometrician.
Mine was a fall bear on the Cache unit. I guess I am just being impatient! :) I am curious to find out what the success was and how old my bear was!

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Interesting numbers...roughly about 29,500 deer killed...about the same amount as 570 cougars eat in a year.... I wonder what the real actual cougar count is? My guess is that it is somewhat more than 570.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Interesting numbers...roughly about 29,500 deer killed...about the same amount as 570 cougars eat in a year.... I wonder what the real actual cougar count is? My guess is that it is somewhat more than 570.
In my 30+ years of dealing with mountain lions,
That one deer per week, per lion math never really worked out in my experience.

Just too many lions that were living on elk like on the Manti,
Or sheep in the Swell , Escalante, Kaiparowits, S San Juan or the Potash country.
Or even antelope and rabbits were they are fruit-full.

That one deer a week per lion only works out on a hand full of units. IMO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts