Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I'm excited about getting him. He makes up for a lot of years of not quite getting on the big ones.

P.S. Some idiot aimed a little too high and got him right through the back of the antler.. See the perfect hole in the right one :shock:

P.S.S. This is the first and only deer I've shot with my grandpa's rifle. Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 30-06

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
P.S. Some idiot aimed a little too high and got him right through the back of the antler.. See the perfect hole in the right one :shock:
First, great buck and congratulations!

Second, at least it didn't bust the antler off. I got a buck that has an antler tine shot off. at the base of the tine there's a perfect half circle at the break.

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
Way to go!

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Thats cool, REALLY surprised that antler didn't shatter with the bullet hit... normally they just explode.

-DallanC

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats cool, REALLY surprised that antler didn't shatter with the bullet hit... normally they just explode.

-DallanC
We babied that antler like crazy coming out. The taxidermist thought it was the coolest thing he'd seen. Everyone kept asking me "are you going to have that hole filled?" Not a chance!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts