Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI....

http://www.huntexpo.com/odds.php

Total Applicants 233,210 x $5.00 each is $1,166,050.00 for this years expo take, just of the 200 Public tags...

30% is $349,815

Also for some additional math. IF this is there average take for the next 5 years the 200 tags will generate $5,580,250.00.

30% is $1,749,075

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Take a look at the number of applicants for the non-resident only tags. Based on those numbers, it looks like, at most, less than 1200 non-residents attended the expo. Then think about the membership base RMEF has which is 200,000 members. Anyone think the RMEF could get more than 1200 non-residents to the expo by bringing their national convention here? Utah lost out on lots of economic revenue for the state in general due to the cronyism. Sad state of affairs.....

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Take a look at the number of applicants for the non-resident only tags. Based on those numbers, it looks like, at most, less than 1200 non-residents attended the expo. Then think about the membership base RMEF has which is 200,000 members. Anyone think the RMEF could get more than 1200 non-residents to the expo by bringing their national convention here? Utah lost out on lots of economic revenue for the state in general due to the cronyism. Sad state of affairs.....
On the whole, I agree with you. But can we really assume most of the nonresidents who attended the expo applied for those tags?

A license is required to apply, right? If so, a lot probably figured it wasn't worth the cost for those odds.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
Ok so consider this, if the convention is so darn neat and popular according to SFW why arent there more nonresidents attending? Look at the draw odds for non residents:

Bull Moose Non-Resident Only Wasatch Mtns, Central Mtns (non-resident only) Once-in-a-lifetime 1065

Bison Non-Resident Only Henry Mtns - Hunters Choice (late) (non-resident only) Once-in-a-lifetime 975
Roughly 1 in 1000 odds for each of the two NR only tags. You really think that people coming from out of state to attend the convention are suddenly NOT going to drop $10 for apps on these two tags? And of that 1000, how many of those are NR vendors who were already there?

Honestly, its a very telling indicator that the convention is NOT bringing in lots of people from out of state.

-DallanC

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Ok so consider this, if the convention is so darn neat and popular according to SFW why arent there more nonresidents attending? Look at the draw odds for non residents:

Roughly 1 in 1000 odds for each of the two NR only tags. You really think that people coming from out of state to attend the convention are suddenly NOT going to drop $10 for apps on these two tags? And of that 1000, how many of those are NR vendors who were already there?

Honestly, its a very telling indicator that the convention is NOT bringing in lots of people from out of state.

-DallanC
There are five NR only tags.

Maybe I'm wrong here. But if you need a license to apply (and I'm pretty sure I was told I did when I logged on to submit my application), it would be $65 for a nonresident license, then $25 to apply for the NR only tags.

I doubt every nonresident thinks $90 for five slim chances is worth the investment. But what do I know?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Compare these Expo odds to the regular drawing:

For the Wasatch moose, considering the number of bonus points of every applicant, it works out to 1:12556.
For the Henry Mountains bison tag it works out to 1:8155.
As far as odds are concerned... the Expo odds are spectacular for the non-resident compared to the regular draw!

But I also agree that this shows that this Expo just does not bring in a "regional" crowd like they claim.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are five NR only tags.

Maybe I'm wrong here. But if you need a license to apply (and I'm pretty sure I was told I did when I logged on to submit my application), it would be $65 for a nonresident license, then $25 to apply for the NR only tags.

I doubt every nonresident thinks $90 for five slim chances is worth the investment. But what do I know?
As a NR, if I was close, I would apply. I already apply for everything every year, anyway. What is another $25, with much better odds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts