Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fill their fall Turkey tags yet? My daughter and I are still chasing them. I started a new job this year, so I got last choice for vacation time. I will have a week in early November to try and get her on her First Utah Turkey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately turkey tags in fall are only for private property mostly, so its pretty limited opportunities. Curious, without divulging any specifics, what general area were you in?

·
Registered
Hunting, Fishing, Target Shooting, Hiking, Foraging, Shroom Hunting, Farming, Gardening, Building
75 Posts
I went out last week with my dad and passed up a choice of 7 smalls in the first group and had two big jakes at gun point on the second group and decided not to take em and will wait for a big Tom and a couple hens to tag.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately turkey tags in fall are only for private property mostly, so its pretty limited opportunities. Curious, without divulging any specifics, what general area were you in?
We live in West Jordan, but we plan on hunting up by Hyrum. Seen birds up there several time but could never get set up in a good spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A coworker of mine got attacked by a big Tom while on beat in Rose Park today!!! 🤣😂
Only one I've seen this season so far - on private property too... may fit the bill if all else fails:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question for the group. I'm just starting into turkey hunting and was wanting to get out this fall, even if it is just scouting out some places for the spring. Is there a separate tag for the Northern Region, Wasatch Front area or do you just get a Northern Region tag and can go to that area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Hunting, Fishing, Target Shooting, Hiking, Foraging, Shroom Hunting, Farming, Gardening, Building
75 Posts
Fall Season is private lands only. Can get up to 3 tags for any turkey (hens encouraged). Spring is statewide(excluding private land without permission) but only one tag for a Tom strictly.
Ecoregion Map World Font Rectangle

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The fall hunt is a head scratcher for me. Yes, the tags are for "private ground", but the property that the birds tend to congregate to, the property owners wont let you on to hunt. But on the other hand, the landowner complains about the birds at the same time. I get it and understand that land owners don't want just any Joe blasting away near their barn, house, and most importantly.... Their livestock.

Unless you know someone that has ground, and will let you hunt, its kind of a mute point to get a tag. Secure hunting privilege's before buying tags!! I have heard of property owners that charge as low as $20 all the way up to $250 to hunt their land.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts