Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
regardless -- I'll continue trapping skunks!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I just thought of an idea...…. I'll have a big trophy made up and we can have a bunch of guys in a "competition" like scenario, and see who can get the most skunks and racoons????? Winner gets the trophy and bragging rights. I'd have to give the skunk guys 2 points for each skunk and 1 point to the racoon guys. Lord knows they've earned it!
I'm in!!

I've caught 3 skunks at my place in October. I had to drown 2 of them -- the 3rd had already melted before I got to it....-O,-
Do they count?

Do we just need to take pictures? Let's work this out, and get going on it!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
OK.

I don't know much about ***** -- but I know there are alot around me. I hope I haven't already caught the last of the skunks.....errrr.....wait.....maybe I do!

I'm afraid that I'll be trapping skunks and ***** for the rest of my life in the new house.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
hmmm.....It's been almost two weeks since my last skunk. I'm starting to think maybe I cleaned them out on my place?

I'm sure there will be more show up at some point....

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
curious: anyone have a bait to catch racoons / foxes that WON'T attract a skunk?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
got another on Saturday! Are we keeping a tally somewhere? :)

11/14/2020
#OatmealCremePie

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
lol

contest or not -- I'm going to keep the trap out and baited. I'm sure that we'll be catching skunks for a long time coming!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
well.....it's been a while since my last skunk. I've been meaning to change out the bait. I haven't had anything on the pumpking spice cookie. I was actually hoping that it was just maybe because there haven't been any skunks around.

My wife just called and said while she was walking the dog this morning, the dog ran over to the area where I have the trap. It's by some willows, and some old dens. Well, the dog got sprayed by a skunk.

I guess I need to go rebait with the old-reliable: Oatmeal Creme.

so, on the serious side: maybe i need to get some actual skunk bait that will put off some scent in freezing temps? Maybe the cookies just aren't giving any enticement in the cold?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
dogfood did the trick. I think that's 5.

I have a cousin that owns a pest control company. He told me that he thinks skunks smell like money. I disagree. They just plain stink to me!! -O,-

Reactions: taxidermist

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
dang. I wish I'd have seen this sooner. Got another one on Saturday. (6?)
Those tails just pull off just like a rabbit tail.

I'll get brave and pull the next tail off and save it for you guys. I'm guessing you could let it dry for a few days, then throw it in the washing machine? Or, maybe just a bucket of water with some dish soap or laundry detergent?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
anyone actually want a tail? I have a fresh one....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts