Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am non-resident with 21 points and not getting any younger. What LE unit would you suggest for next years applicatio. I am an experienced hunter. Five elk in AZ, one P&Y and one 340 with rifle. Can’t shot a bow anymore, but muzzy is ok. I have only hunted dear in Utah, Southeast corner. Some have suggested 1st rifle Manti. I do have some local help for Plateau Fishlake. Would very much like to hear your suggestions.

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
I would actually look at units that took 19 or 20 points.

You can find the draw odds on Utah DWR web page under Big Game Hunting

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had 21 years to think about this. I know Monroe, Dutton and East have no non- resident point tag, so odds are slim. Probably never have enough points to pull 1st rifle San Juan or Plateau Boulder. I am looking for a quality hunt with few other hunters and hopefully harvest a nice bull. I think I am either looking at 2nd rifle or 1st in like Manti or Plateau Fishlake, but want to hear from others.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have had 21 years to think about this. I know Monroe, Dutton and East have no non- resident point tag, so odds are slim. Probably never have enough points to pull 1st rifle San Juan or Plateau Boulder. I am looking for a quality hunt with few other hunters and hopefully harvest a nice bull. I think I am either looking at 2nd rifle or 1st in like Manti or Plateau Fishlake, but want to hear from others.
I don’t think you will find a unit with few other hunters.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
You could probably draw these and with some effort kill a 320" bull or bigger with a little luck. Plenty of elk on these units and good number of Non resident tags. All three units would provide a quality hunting experience

Manti Muzzy or Late Rifle

Fishlake Mid Rifle, maybe late rifle if lucky in the draw, muzzy

Wasatch Early Rifle, Muzzy, or Late Rifle

They may pull scopes off muzzleloaders next year so keep that in mind

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could probably draw these and with some effort kill a 320" bull or bigger with a little luck. Plenty of elk on these units and good number of Non resident tags. All three units would provide a quality hunting experience

Manti Muzzy or Late Rifle

Fishlake Mid Rifle, maybe late rifle if lucky in the draw, muzzy

Wasatch Early Rifle, Muzzy, or Late Rifle

They may pull scopes off muzzleloaders next year so keep that in mind

Good luck
Thanks for taking the time to reply. This helps a lot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts