Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been waiting to pickup a ruger 10/22 TALO I-tac for a couple years now. i finally found a good deal on it and would like to be able to shoot it. i quit looking for 22lr ammo a while back so i'm a bit out of touch there.

is it readily available now? if so, what is the average price per round? thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can always get it if you're willing to pay $0.10 a round, but I'm still finding that you have to be quick on the trigger to get the cheap stuff. PM me if you're having trouble, and I'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Cabelas had a bunch last week. Not sure if they still have any but did have some for several days at least. Remington 1400 round bucket for $89.00 (approx. $0.06/round). They had other brands/quantities available too. I didn't check those prices. Cal Ranch has it intermittently. I'd say it is still a bit hit and miss for local pickup.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Most Walmarts get a shipment once or twice a week and then stock it first thing in the morning, if they manage to get it on the shelf. If you check a Walmart every day for a week between 7:00 and 8:00 AM, you'll get some ammo. They limit the number of boxes you can buy though.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Most Walmarts get a shipment once or twice a week and then stock it first thing in the morning, if they manage to get it on the shelf. If you check a Walmart every day for a week between 7:00 and 8:00 AM, you'll get some ammo. They limit the number of boxes you can buy though.
The Walmart by me (5600west)gets it twice a week and there is always a line waiting, been there 3 or 4 times and seems to be the same bunch waiting.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The Walmart by me (5600west)gets it twice a week and there is always a line waiting, been there 3 or 4 times and seems to be the same bunch waiting.
I'd bet that if you were to ask the guys who are waiting every week if they have any .22 ammo that they'd be willing to sell, that they would love to sell you some.... at double, or triple the price they paid.

Don't buy from the scalpers. They'll quit buying it all when they can't double their money every time they buy out the supply.

⫸<{{{{{⦇°>

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I'd bet that if you were to ask the guys who are waiting every week if they have any .22 ammo that they'd be willing to sell, that they would love to sell you some.... at double, or triple the price they paid.

Don't buy from the scalpers. They'll quit buying it all when they can't double their money every time they buy out the supply.

<{{{{{°>
Not a problem I have managed to pick up some from Cabellas and done some bartering for some:mrgreen:

·
Senior Goof
3,605 Posts
Can't believe this crap is still going.

People shouldn't be buying this stuff from them. Leave them sitting with 10000 round of .22 in their basement when it goes down to .03 a round

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Can't believe this crap is still going.

People shouldn't be buying this stuff from them. Leave them sitting with 10000 round of .22 in their basement when it goes down to .03 a round
Or report them to the ATF and IRS....that will put the damper on their activities.

Reactions: Bax*

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
You can buy some from Gallensons too. They will gladly charge you $60 for a brick.

I think those guys are shady jerk faces. :wacko:

·
Registered
811 Posts
You can buy some from Gallensons too. They will gladly charge you $60 for a brick.

I think those guys are shady jerk faces. :wacko:
Same story at Al's here in Logan. If you're willing to get ripped off they have some. Still can't bring myself to shop there anymore.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I check Walmart, Cal Ranch and Sportsman's Warehouse almost every time I go and have yet to find any of the 550 bulk packs. Probably just bad timing on my part, I never go in the morning. The Walmart and Cal Ranch stores by me seem to have permanent signs up saying they don't have any 22lr ammo.

I've got a couple of the 550 packs at home though and rarely go shooting any more, so I don't try real hard to find any.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
A month or two ago I saw a post on Facebook about their being remington thunderbolt bricks at cabelas for $33. I went to cabelas about 24 hours after the post and was sure they would all be gone but to my surprise they had quite a bit left. The limit was 1500 rounds so you could have bought 3 if you wanted to. I just picked up one and left the rest hoping poor suckers that actually needed some would get it and not the scalper hoarder dufuses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts