Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Finnegan posted in the firearm section.

"I imagine everybody's aware of the important case coming up in March in which the Supreme Court will visit the issue of whether the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals or only state militias. How do you think this will go? Worried?

I'm worried. I've lost all trust and confidence in the federal government, regardless of party affiliations. They consistently show a love for playing games with words rather than living up to the values that those words express, and wording is exactly what this case hinges on."

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
You know where I stand. I just want to say, "NICE AVATAR"!

PRO

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't think anything will come of it. Politicaly the gun issue has hurt any Dem or Lib who has touched it in the last 7 or 8 years and most of them seem to be avoiding it much like social security. I don't send money to a lot of groups but I pay my dues with the NRA because I think they do a good job at fighting this fight for those of us who do not have the time to do so.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
10000ft. said:
I don't think anything will come of it. Politicaly the gun issue has hurt any Dem or Lib who has touched it in the last 7 or 8 years and most of them seem to be avoiding it much like social security. I don't send money to a lot of groups but I pay my dues with the NRA because I think they do a good job at fighting this fight for those of us who do not have the time to do so.
I agree. There are a lot of other pressing issues that need to be dealt with, and guns isn't at the top. Guns were the 'platform' that Gore stood on when he ran against Bush. Since then, pretty much no contender has taken that route. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't come up if they were elected. But war and immigration have taken a front seat.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
10000ft and tree, you are missing the point, this is brought up because of a case being brought to the Supreme Court in March. This is a REAL threat, based on having the 2nd Amendment determined by 9 people immune to being voted out of office.

PRO

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The would have to pry my guns out of my cold, lifeless hands! ! ! ! NO way in hell am I just going to hand them over without a fight....I think there are enough people that feel this way that nothing will ever happen to the 2nd ammendment. If they tried they know that it would cause civil war...AGAIN! ! !

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
proutdoors said:
10000ft and tree, you are missing the point, this is brought up because of a case being brought to the Supreme Court in March. This is a REAL threat, based on having the 2nd Amendment determined by 9 people immune to being voted out of office.

PRO
PRO's right. This is a real and immediate threat. We should all be concerned WHENEVER our right to bear arms is put to the test. Writing letters or sending emails is a great way for our congressmen to know how we feel, and that can be communicated to the upper echelons in Washington to help secure the right vote on this.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
J-bass said:
proutdoors said:

PRO
PRO's right. This is a real and immediate threat. We should all be concerned WHENEVER our right to bear arms is put to the test. Writing letters or sending emails is a great way for our congressmen to know how we feel, and that can be communicated to the upper echelons in Washington to help secure the right vote on this.
+1

PRO

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
I just don't understand... :? ....... Youse guy's argue somewhere over there and make a big stink !!!......Then you come over here and agree like long lost buddies?? What the heck???.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
.45 said:
I just don't understand... :? ....... Youse guy's argue somewhere over there and make a big stink !!!......Then you come over here and agree like long lost buddies?? What the heck???.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's how I/we roll. :twisted:

PRO

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Whatever works. :lol:

PRO

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, why do we need to drag that argument over here? Plus, I'm not going to knock a guy when he's right, no matter what, and PRO was right. They missed the point. So, like PRO said, that's how we roll.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
J-bass said:
Well, why do we need to drag that argument over here? Plus, I'm not going to knock a guy when he's right, no matter what, and PRO was right. They missed the point. So, like PRO said, that's how we roll.
You should never say Pro was right !!!!!.. :evil: :mrgreen:

Every single time i try to get to him, he's Protected by his friends...

coyoteslayer......Ben Johnson
fixedblade.........Harey Carey Jr.
J-bass..............Ward Bond
ScottyP.............Dean Martin (wanna be... :) )

I guess now I need to find a better tactic!!

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
.45 said:
[quote="J-bass":3uefh65e]Well, why do we need to drag that argument over here? Plus, I'm not going to knock a guy when he's right, no matter what, and PRO was right. They missed the point. So, like PRO said, that's how we roll.

Every single time i try to get to him, he's Protected by his friends...

coyoteslayer......Ben Johnson
fixedblade.........Harey Carey Jr.
J-bass..............Ward Bond
ScottyP.............Dean Martin (wanna be... :) )

I guess now I need to find a better tactic!![/quote:3uefh65e]

When did you met fixedblade and uncover his true identity?

Instead of a new tactic, just admit I AM correct! -()/>-

PRO

·
Registered
244 Posts
HEY!!!!! I THOUGH I WAS PROS FRIEND TOO !!! I AM SO HURT!!! :D :D :lol: I truly do believe that pro has an envyable, wealth of outdoor and sportsman knowledge that has never steered me in the wrong direction. If pro says to take this ruling seriously i suggest we do just that.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
soules2007 said:
HEY!!!!! I THOUGH I WAS PROS FRIEND TOO !!! I AM SO HURT!!! :D :D :lol: I truly do believe that pro has an envyable, wealth of outdoor and sportsman knowledge that has never steered me in the wrong direction. If pro says to take this ruling seriously i suggest we do just that.
You are on my 'friends' list for sure now, BUDDY!

Hey, I haven't heard from you for a while, anything new happen that you want to update me on? Hint, hint.

PRO

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
.45 said:
[quote="J-bass":2gihju2c]Well, why do we need to drag that argument over here? Plus, I'm not going to knock a guy when he's right, no matter what, and PRO was right. They missed the point. So, like PRO said, that's how we roll.

[/quote:2gihju2c]
Well, to be honest it did feel a little dirty to admit such a thing, but in the end I felt that I must. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey .45, what's the competition between you and PRO all about???

Who's right or wrong??

Or who can be the most creative with the bold?? :wink: :D

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
harley said:
Hey .45, what's the competition between you and PRO all about???

Who's right or wrong??

Or who can be the most creative with the bold?? :wink: :D
Well...harley...you know how he is always yelling at us ?? I think the poor man is hard of hearing !!..and i figured he could understand better this way !!!!.. :) :)

Oh..and yeah 86% HA !!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts