Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 40 yrs of water fowling it finally happen, Saturday night out at FB on Turpins with my brother I got my first band, a nice drake Pintail and I really owe it all to Chance he went across a bay and into the cattails and came out with my prize which was doing its best to get away. We had a slow shoot with 2 drake Pintails and 2 drake GWT the banded duck was the last duck of the day and one I soon will not forget. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Certificate back today, it was banded in 2002 at E Mills Lake, Northwest Territories. It was hatched in 2001 or eariler

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congrats on the band! My first was a pinner as well. How long did it take to get the info back?
BugBuilder

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was very impressed I called it in on the night of Nov 10 and got it back on Nov 19 a lot faster than I thought .

·
Registered
325 Posts
I shot mine the same day as yours and called it in as well. After reading your reply, I mentioned to my wife that there was no mail when I checked, when I got home from work. She replied that sometimes it comes really late, so I went and checked again. Yep, it was there!!! My mallard was born this year (I knew he was young from feathers). He was banned in Hay Lake, 5 miles north, 4 miles west of Fairview, Alberta. Now I want another one!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts