Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the deer had it out for me this year and once again the hard horn bucks eluded me. I shot this doe the tueday before thanksgiving. Needless to say I didn't kill her by the road but I still enjoyed the day. Now just to find those pescy inconsistent elk. Come on 2 feet of snow.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Ah, somebody beat me to it.... I was hoping to pull off the "hero" shot with a doe or cow elk next year. :lol: You know... just for the comedy value if nothing else. Glad you tagged out again... four tags, man, its been a good year for you. Good that you got yet some more meat for good eating until next season. Thats very cool!! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riverrat77 said:
Ah, somebody beat me to it.... I was hoping to pull off the "hero" shot with a doe or cow elk next year. :lol: You know... just for the comedy value if nothing else. Glad you tagged out again... four tags, man, its been a good year for you. Good that you got yet some more meat for good eating until next season. Thats very cool!! :D
I don't look at it as a hero shot. I just think anything I shoot with my bow is a trophy. I have the same look on my face whether it is a monster buck or a tasty doe. It is all about the hunt, time in the woods and a well placed shot. Anything you shot should feel like a trophy to you.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
alpinebowman said:
Riverrat77 said:
I don't look at it as a hero shot. I just think anything I shoot with my bow is a trophy. I have the same look on my face whether it is a monster buck or a tasty doe. It is all about the hunt, time in the woods and a well placed shot. Anything you shot should feel like a trophy to you.
True... I didn't mean that you were not truly grateful for you animal you took with your bow. Sorry if it came across that way.... I just think its cool that like you said, you have the same happy look whether its a huge book buck or a simple doe. Kudos on that. I had just told somebody else earlier this year that I'd also pose proudly with my first animal, whether it was a cow, doe or something with antlers.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Riverrat77 said:
alpinebowman said:
Riverrat77 said:
True... I didn't mean that you were not truly grateful for you animal you took with your bow. Sorry if it came across that way.... I just think its cool that like you said, you have the same happy look whether its a huge book buck or a simple doe. Kudos on that. I had just told somebody else earlier this year that I'd also pose proudly with my first animal, whether it was a cow, doe or something with antlers.
no offense taken riverrat. I hope you can get your first kill under your belt. Don't get discouraged no matter how long it takes. Your first animal is worth the wait. Good luck with your en devour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.