Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6mmbr is limited due to the 14 twist, so if you are like me may be limited to bullet weight. Remington 700 short action trued, 25" Krieger Barrel, tuned factory trigger, pillar bedded in factory wood stock.

Load info:
70 grain Nosler BT
Coal: 2.232 (30 thousands off the lands in my rifle).
Lapua Brass
Wolf small magnum primer
30.8 grains of Benchmark
3,250fps approx.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Looks like a great shooter bob, that should do a great job on varmints. That vertical stringing makes we wonder if .003" in or out on seating depth may make a single hole?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
6BR with a 14 twist is interesting. I think I would try the 55's as well. I would guess that you could get around 3600 with them. Similar performance to the hot 22's with a better coefficient. I have a 6MM Rem with a 14 twist. I shoot 55's at a little over 4000 for mid range varminting. As you can imagine, impacts are fairly impressive.------SS

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had 55's going 3800 but I didn't like how they were in the wind past 300 yards.
I'm not sure if that has vertical or just me. I shot that group with a 9x scope at 100 yards, so hard to say. May play around with it. They are a fun super low recoil gun. I think the br is an overlooked Varmint gun with great brass and barrel life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts