Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a new for me. I caught two over the sloters in one day. My wife also got one. :D We had a good sized party, the average person caught 5 fish. It was a little slow but the fish were all very healthy. This is the first time ever I've been Ice fishing and not moved from the first hole all day long.

It seemed the jig of choice was a medium sized any color tipped with a meal worm. Some folks tried a worm with a marshmellow with no luck. We all fished in 20' of water. They would hit anywhere from off the bottom to five feet below the ice. 3 cranks up seemed to be work the best. One guy with us got into a school of 18" inch rainbows, he landed two. :D It was a great time.

5" of Hard Hard black Ice with 2" of snow where the ice conditions.

Here is the wife with an over the slotter.

This is one of my friends many nice fish. (Sorry fellas she's taken)

My two little ones with the two big ones. (yes the fish are both over the slot.)

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Good report fixed blade...got the whole family out again !!!!

I didn't know you had two wife's... :shock:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
FishGlyph said:
And .45? You're married?! :shock:
Yeah, I know.. :oops:

But, sometimes I would like an extra wife around... :D :D

Nice, new avatar.....btw....

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes we were straight out from the ladders. No one was there when we got there. The rest of the day only two other groups came out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. FB is a fishing icon in my book. On top of being a great ice fisher, your entire family likes to make it out on the ice. That is a rarity! From the looks of it, it was a warm day. How was the weather?

I hope to meet up with you another day on the ice. Good luck this ice fishing season!!

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
CaJones said:
This doesn't surprise me at all. FB is a fishing icon in my book. On top of being a great ice fisher, your entire family likes to make it out on the ice. That is a rarity!
Ditto, CaJones....Fixed blade seems to get out with his children a lot !! It's good to see his kids smiling and having fun . :) ....Good for you fixed blade !! Nice fish too !!

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks folks it was 8 degrees when we got there, and it snowed off and on with a slight breeze. Never really got cold enuff for me to get in the tent. The wife and kids did alittle but all and all, most of the time everyone was enjoying the Ice.

We are thinking of trying pineview in a couple of weekends if anyone would like to join the party. When we go, it's more the merryer. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like a fun day up at the Berry, I wish I woulda made the trek up there.

I would like to go and try Pineview out. Let me know when and Im sure I can make it up there. I've never fished there even though its somewhat close.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
FishGlyph said:
fixed blade said:
We are thinking of trying pineview in a couple of weekends if anyone would like to join the party. When we go, it's more the merryer. :D
If I don't have to work on Saturday, I'd love to come up and meet ya! Maybe I can drag .45 along... I'll give him some battery-operated warming socks and... hah geez... a whole battery operated warming body suit. :lol: :wink: :p
What?? Drag ??? Oooooo. I like the sound of that... *\-\* *\-\* Please stop...NO DON'T.....Please stop....NO DON'T......Pleassssssssssssee...don't stop !!! -#&#*!-

Hey !! When did you become a mod? :shock: :shock: .......... Doh, you're in the big money now....New BMW, Audi, Cads, Vette's....Anything you want.... O-|-O

Have a good safe and happy NEW YEAR !! Trishy Poo .... *OOO* *OOO*

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been Ice fishing on my private pond :wink: all day and haven't had a bite yet. How the hell do you catch these lmb through the ice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts