Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I should share these photos since I enjoy seeing what others are seeing and posting.

I decided to help a buddy set up a couple of trail cams in a spot we hunted last year so after a long 4 mile 2500' hike last night we cooked up some Mountain House (the veggie lasagna is 5 star!), pitched the tent and caught some shut eye. It's still chilly up high on the peaks with snow patches here and there still.

Sunrise this morning was tough on the eyes:

We saw some good elk and deer tracks/sign but the Uintas are big country with animal density no nearly like other areas so we weren't expecting to see tons of sign. After setting one camera up we peaked over a ridge to set up another and caught a glimpse of a small (4 deer) bachelor herd. 2 nice 4 points in there that with a little more growth would be great to find in the archery season:

And some close ups - we were about 600 yards away. My point and shoot (Panasonic FZ28) has 18x optical zoom and a Leica lens so I'm impressed how well the photos turned out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice report and pictures thanks for sharing.
The trees above the game trail would be a great ambush spot.
I need to get out of the office away from this computer. :cry:

·
Registered
335 Posts
WOW! At 600yd. The FZ28 is supposed to be a great camera-you've proved it.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stillhuntin said:
WOW! At 600yd. The FZ28 is supposed to be a great camera-you've proved it.
No doubt eh? I was very impressed at how well that camera has performed. I bought it for work and to take pictures of backcountry skiing but little did I know it'd work so well for hunting. It's pretty light too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very impressed with your camera. Did it come with the Leica lens ? Amazon has them for under $500.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gaston said:
Very impressed with your camera. Did it come with the Leica lens ? Amazon has them for under $500.
Yes, it did come with the Leica lens which was half the reason I bought it. I picked it up right after it came out last year for around $399 on B&H Photo. Abe's of Maine has it for $329 right now. Search "panasonic dmc-fz28" on Google shopping and you'll get a huge list of places that offer it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts