Utah Wildlife Forum banner

A Full Report (pic heavy)

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Dekashika 
#1 ·
I know most of you know this area already but I would like to keep specific rivers names out of this post. Thanks.

The fishing was good despite the lack of water. In fact two of the rivers we like to fish were dry. This made the rivers with water a little crowded, but we still managed to have a great week.

We decided to go couple weeks earlier this year and we made a great choice. The fish had just started to make there way into the rivers and there were tons of 24 to 28 inch Browns and a few in the 29 inch range and one that went 32 inches. There were not many females and I only caught three all trip.

Our Steelhead river was dry so we did not do as well for them but we still managed to catch a few. I caught my biggest ever it was 30 inches and really heavy. I had caught 31 1/2 inches before but never that heavy.

All in all it was a great trip and I can't wait until next year. Here are a few pics. Enjoy.

And the pig.

See less See more
#2 ·
NICE !!!! I've been waiting to hear you're report !!!.. :) :)

That last pic is a 'killer'. Bring any home? Did you have last year's 'mounted' ? I never did see it.

Thanks for sharing and congrats Mallardpin !!

#6 ·
.45 said:
NICE !!!! I've been waiting to hear you're report !!!.. :) :)

That last pic is a 'killer'. Bring any home? Did you have last year's 'mounted' ? I never did see it.

Thanks for sharing and congrats Mallardpin !!
Thanks for the replies guys it was a great trip.

.45 I had my Brown done last year but I did not like how it turned out. I did not bring any home and I am sick of dealing with skin mounts so I am going to get a replica made of my 32 inch Brown,

#9 ·
Mp, what an awesome trip. Did you have to draw numbers before you could get your feet wet? Reminds me of the old salmon days in Idaho, when someone would hook up everyone below would reel in and move above you while you did your best to land'em. Nothing red under those cheeks is there Justin. :lol: Great report, keep'em coming.

#15 ·
Levy said:
Good idea on keeping the name of the water out of the post it looks real seclusive and private. :shock:
yeah well that river is not even in utah and unless you feel like traveling you wont fish there. besides it isnt that hard to know the area he's fishing and you could easily find the place. plus from what i know about mallardpin from this forum he would probably tell you if you asked nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.