Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So don't get the wrong idea with what I am about to ask. I am curious if anyone who has a good grouse hunting dog (upland game dog) would be willing to take me out and hunt over your dog, or even watch you hunt over your dog. I have never hunted birds over a dog ever! The reason I ask is we will be getting a dog for our family (6 boys, me and the ms.) in the future and I am pushing against my wife for a game dog. Since I pretty much thus far only hunt grouse and freakin love it, I am doing some learning on upland game breeds and would like some first hand experience. Its a long question and easily perceived a million ways I am sure but please pm me if interested and we can work something out to be sure. Seems to me in my search thus far that the setters and spaniels are the best for grouse with the English Setter being probably the #1.

Cheddar

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
You know there are some really nice, smaller hunting dogs i.e. ****er Spaniel, that make great family pets. Just sayin.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sure, I'm busy with a deer hunt for a hot minute- but after that. You can come hunt with my GSP and we'll make one of my buddies' bring a DD. I might even be able to get a lab to come along.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, I'm busy with a deer hunt for a hot minute- but after that. You can come hunt with my GSP and we'll make one of my buddies' bring a DD. I might even be able to get a lab to come along.
Awesome, just let me know when you're heading out.

Cheddar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts