Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks i sure wish Oct was here. Been a real busy spring and early summer working on this place. Here are a few photos to share of the waterfowl project ive been working on.

Started on this back in Feb when it was nice and warm.

I was amazed that a little pump could run 15 3" hand lines. But to my surprise it does really well. This sure helped our grass grow and all the weeds as well.

The weeds just took off!! So in came the large mower. bad part is i had hand rake all the thatch out. took several hours...

Underneath all those heavy weeds the real good stuff was growing. Good old Kentucky Bluegrass!

Spend a day building some wooden pit boxes.

Meanwhile the grass is growing good!!

Pits delivered ready for the day we sink them. I have cattle in this field so thankful for a fence to keep them out. Id have nothing if they were not kept out!

Digging day! Its been 8 years to this point of putting in a pit. Took me that long to convince my uncle to let me do it!

This fall is shaping up to be even busier! More ground to prep for grass seed, more hand lines for additional sprinklers. another pump. I hope to watch some young kids shoot some honkers this fall....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
That is a great idea. I bet you and your family will enjoy some rich rewards from the hard work. My sons think you must be a pretty cool Dad. haha Look forward to the photos of the successes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice to see!! **Lucky bugger**
You haven't seen nothing yet Josh! Give me some time and you'll really think I'm a lucky bugger......
let Tyson and his cousin know I still owe him a hunt or two for his help a few yrs back when we built the pond.

Looking great! Get ready to have all sorts of people to be your "friend"!
Does that include you Drew? LOL!!!
j/k!! Amazed at the number of eyes I have watching me. Hope to have you join us this fall!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks good!! I would add a sand trap and a pin for the final touches. Good luck with your neighbors to the north you will have some tuff competition.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good!! I would add a sand trap and a pin for the final touches. Good luck with your neighbors to the north you will have some tuff competition.
Funny you mention that. We've actually talked about putting in a flag and chipping some golf balls around after a hunt. Don't pay much attention to the guys to the north. I have plenty of opportunity to have a quality hunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts