Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised that it hasn't been brought up before, but how about those Jazz?

The best record in basketball and the number 1 spot in the playoffs.

If they play like they are suppose to play they should go a long way. Snyder just needs to figure out how to make them play 4 quarters of basketball instead of 1 or 2. The slow starts that they have is bad for a person that has a heart condition.

·
Senior Goof
3,605 Posts
They have done great this year!

Could have lots of R1 pressure and face the Warriors or Lakers. That would be a let down to lose in R1. Then R2 they are facing the winner of Clippers/Dallas. Tough year to "win" the conference lol.

Guess we see how health goes for them!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It has been a fun season. It is an underrrated accomplishment that they hung onto the #1 seed after Mitchell and Conley went down last month.

Health will be key in the playoffs, but then it is for everyone, especially the Lakers.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Give it time, They will fall flat on their ars the same way they do in fourth quarters. I once was a Jazz supporter holding season tickets, but after seeing the same 4th Quarter almost every home game, I gave them up after 4 seasons. Now I don't give a hoot about them.

Best of luck to them though.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
They have been fun to watch this year. But they do tend to go to sleep once in a while and lose some games they should win...... Minnesota for sure.
3 times !!
Their biggest issue is going to be is how healthy are Mitchell and Conley. Without those two playing 100 percent they will be done in a hurry.
Conley can't seem to stay on the court for very long. Missed a bunch of time this year.
Will be interesting.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
They have been fun to watch this year. But they do tend to go to sleep once in a while and lose some games they should win...... Minnesota for sure.
3 times !!
Their biggest issue is going to be is how healthy are Mitchell and Conley. Without those two playing 100 percent they will be done in a hurry.
Conley can't seem to stay on the court for very long. Missed a bunch of time this year.
Will be interesting.
I think they’ll be fine provided they don’t draw the Lakers in round 1. The league would never allow them to win that series and oust the biggest name in sports and biggest brand in the league in round 1. Conleys longevity is more iffy, I expect Mitchell is fine and they have simply been holding him out for rest and to make sure he’s fully at 100% on his ankle.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I think they’ll be fine provided they don’t draw the Lakers in round 1. The league would never allow them to win that series and oust the biggest name in sports and biggest brand in the league in round 1. Conleys longevity is more iffy, I expect Mitchell is fine and they have simply been holding him out for rest and to make sure he’s fully at 100% on his ankle.
It would be best if they did face the "Fakers" in round 1. James has been out for nearly 6 weeks, and once he gets his rhythm he can score big points.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
It would be best if they did face the "Fakers" in round 1. James has been out for nearly 6 weeks, and once he gets his rhythm he can score big points.
If you watched him the past couple games, I think it’s quite clear he’s just fine. The NBA and Lebron like story lines. This one writes “The Lakers faced with the play in tournament, Lebron coming off the worst injury of his career, beat the number 1 seed in the western conference in the 1st round”. Can’t stress this enough, the NBA is not letting it’s biggest star, and biggest brand die in round 1 to the team from Salt Lake City. It won’t happen, if the Jazz draw the Lakers in round one, that series is over before it begins and the league will make sure of it lol. I’m begging for the Lakers to win Wednesday night and secure the 7 seed and get them out of the Jazz matchup.

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The outcome is fixed ya better head to Vegas and get a bet down.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Man, with how crappy everyone above says the Jazz both start and finish games, you’d think they were the #1 pick in the draft and not the outright #1 seed in the whole league. (For the first time ever in franchise history, mind you.)

The Jazz and their fans have been demanding respect all season. While being the best team in the regular season is no small accomplishment, a team doesn’t earn respect in the regular season. If they are the best team in the league, they need to go prove it now.

I have mixed feelings on the matchups I’d like to see and when for strategic purposes, but if you’re going to the Finals you’re likely going to have to go through the Lakers and Clippers eventually anyway. You have to go through everyone to win it all.

I hope this is a really exciting June in Utah this year.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
The outcome is fixed ya better head to Vegas and get a bet down.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
I bet those Vegas odds will be pretty even in whatever 1st round series the Lakers get.

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet those Vegas odds will be pretty even in whatever 1st round series the Lakers get.
I was thinking that you seam to think that the fix is in why not put your money on the Lakers to go all the way. There should be some good odds for a number 8 team to beat the number 1 team in the second round.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I was thinking that you seam to think that the fix is in why not put your money on the Lakers to go all the way. There should be some good odds for a number 8 team to beat the number 1 team in the second round.
It would REALLY be something for an 8 seed to beat 1 seed in the 2nd round!🤣

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
I don’t necessarily think the Lakers are fixed to the finals or a title. But taking your biggest star out of the running in round one, who plays for your most popular team, is not something they’re going to want to happen.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Anything short of a Lakers-Nets Finals is going to be a massive ratings hit. And of course the NBA wants the best ratings possible. Why wouldn’t they? But to suggest already at this point that a Jazz-Lakers series is fixed before they are been paired together seems like someone trying to build in an excuse more than anything.

The NBA will not rig the first round of the playoffs over the next 2 weeks, regardless of the matchups. That’s my prediction.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Whatever happens in the lineups, the jazz will have to play A+ basketball the entire run of the playoffs. Key players MUST stay healthy to take a title. It will be interesting to see how the officiating plays out. Will they (officials) be calling tacky fouls, or let them play a physical game. That alone can deflate a team in a hurry.

·
Super Moderator
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
While I don't like the tacky fouls as long as the officials call it both ways I am fine. But when they just do it to one team then it is just wrong.

The nice thing about 7 game series is that a team can have one or two bad games and still will it. Just as long as those bad games are not the ones that really count.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Jazz-Steph is going to be a lot of fun.

Assume for the sake of discussion that the Jazz do go to the Finals and go through Warriors, Clippers, and Lakers. They’d dispatch Steph, Kawhi, and the King. Is that the greatest road to Finals ever?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Jazz-Steph is going to be a lot of fun.

Assume for the sake of discussion that the Jazz do go to the Finals and go through Warriors, Clippers, and Lakers. They’d dispatch Steph, Kawhi, and the King. Is that the greatest road to Finals ever?
That would be great to see! Fortunately, MJ and Horny are retired and we don't have to see another "bad call". :oops::mad:

1 - 20 of 180 Posts