Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody worked with this- I have a Remington Nylon 66 that the stock is cracked. I have a hose clamp over in right down and it shoots dead on. But it was dad's gun and I would like to fix it and then pass it on to the next generation. I have heard this in an option that might work though possibly a messing option to work with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I got my nylon 66 about 43 years ago it came with a lifetime warranty on the stock. Mine cracked several years after I got it. We took it to a Remington authorized gunsmith and it was replaced for free. Obviously it has not been made in years so I don't know how Remington would handle it now but I would contact them and see if they will do anything for you.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a gone deal now- you can't even find a replacement stock- well I saw one for $268 on Ebay- collectors item now. Dad bought it for $49.99 I think. I think I will order some of the accura glass- $23 and make the attempt.

·
Super Moderator
9,666 Posts
Lots of luck with finding a replacement stock. Remington hasn't had any for over 20 years now from what I remember and the last that I heard they were offering a different rifle for a replacement.

Watch Ebay for one, they show up every now and then but expect to pay around $200 for one. Gunbroker is another site and cruse the used firearm part stores for one.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked pretty hard over the last little while- I am going to give the accura glass a try- $23.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope the repair works. I think that is about what I paid for mine. Gibsons Discount Store in Billings Montana. I worked there about 14 years later while going to College. The 4473 that my dad filled out was still on file. No telling how many 1000's of rounds have run through that little 22.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts