Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I spent a lot of time hiking the walk in access properties of plymouth and clarkston I did see 1 buck but it was on posted property, I'm running out of ideas of where to go that's relatively close. I can't take any time off work so it would be a evening hunt during the week any suggestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Start talking to farmers up there. I know several who would love to get rid of some deer out of there fields. I would PM you later.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Agreed - you're going to have to talk to some landowners to get access out there. I used to hunt Clarkson quite a bit, but I had access to land. Where do you work by chance? If you're in Logan and can only hunt evenings after work, I'd take a drive up Blacksmith Fork and watch the north hillsides closely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just filled my tag on the east side of Bear Lake up in the hills towards the Utah/WYO border.

If you find that you aren't seeing anything, you might try over there. We saw many, many spikes and 2x2's. Some of the canyons with dirt roads, hold water sources for cattle and you could see some success watching those.

·
Registered
162 Posts
+1 to Smithfield canyon my in-laws live in the mouth of Smithfield canyon and own about an acre of land most of which is pasture for horses. They have several deer that live in the pasture and they regularly have bucks passing through. I have seen some of the biggest deer of my life just sitting under trees in their pasture. It is a bit more of a drive but in Richmond you have a walk in access area and you also have high creek as well. There are plenty of deer up there you just might have to work a bit to get to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts