Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an extra seat to spare on an airboat this weekend I've walked miles and miles scouting, found some birds on the GSL but need a boat to get out there

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Anybody have an extra seat to spare on an airboat this weekend I've walked miles and miles scouting, found some birds on the GSL but need a boat to get out there
How your sentence should have started out............"I have a crisp $100 bill if anyone is willing to take me out on an airboat"

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd probably try that at least once. I already know where I'd want to go. All I lack is the $50k to make it happen.
50k? Hell you can get the King of the Marsh for a mere $38k!! Check out KSL.

I love it when the high dollar D-*&#'s loose interest.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
50k? Hell you can get the King of the Marsh for a mere $38k!! Check out KSL.

I love it when the high dollar D-*&#'s loose interest.
I "hunted" with that dude once. Not pretty. :shock::mrgreen:

·
Banned
3 Posts
How your sentence should have started out............"I have a crisp $100 bill if anyone is willing to take me out on an airboat"
That's no joke! Every time a boat that big comes off the trailer, you're a good $80, if not closer to $100 in gas. Those boats sure do love to drink fuel. I don't know if this is coincidental or not, but I do know a tow in for a broke down boat costs $100. But that's a story for another day :neutral:

The problem you have with your offer, is these guys with boats already know where the birds are for the most part. And they usually have a pile of buddies headed out there with them.

You could have a dang nice boat built for $20,000 if you did it right. 38k is a little high for that boat imho. But im sure someone with more dollars than sense will buy it because they don't want to wait for another one to be built.

I don't know the owner of the that blue boat, or his hunting practices. But I have had a fish cop call me once because someone reported some illegal activities taking place by a big blue Florida style boat, and threw me out there as the possibility of being that guy.... There's only 2 to my knowledge in this state that are like that, that are blue. And since mine was parked in the garage on that particular day and could prove it, that only leaves one other guy that could possibly be the guy who was reported.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck on trying to find someone who will take you out. I have all my seats spoken for from here on out until close. But if something opens up, I'll shoot you a PM. That is if God himself doesn't throw down the battle ax of doom and banish me to outer darkness.... Again ;)

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
I went out on that "blue airboat" a few years ago. I thought the owner was a hell of a nice guy, and so were all the other guys that went for that matter.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I went out on that "blue airboat" a few years ago. I thought the owner was a hell of a nice guy, and so were all the other guys that went for that matter.
I'm sure he is, I'm not saying he's not. And I'm not saying it was him, or that anything illegal happened in the first place. I just don't care for fish cops calling me out of the blue wanting me to explain myself and where I was that day.... It's just the only other blue boat I know about. Looks like it's time to paint mine black so it blends in with all the other kids ;)

Wow 3 posts! I'll be shocked if I make 25!! Haha

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I'm sure he is, I'm not saying he's not. And I'm not saying it was him, or that anything illegal happened in the first place. I just don't care for fish cops calling me out of the blue wanting me to explain myself and where I was that day.... It's just the only other blue boat I know about. Looks like it's time to paint mine black so it blends in with all the other kids ;)

Wow 3 posts! I'll be shocked if I make 25!! Haha
Well don't be shocked cause you are not going to make it. I thought maybe he will play nice, but no you gotta throw it in our face. See ya pal:banplease:

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Well don't be shocked cause you are not going to make it. I thought maybe he will play nice, but no you gotta throw it in our face. See ya pal:banplease:
Now why on earth did you ban Mike Simmons moving to Lehi Utah from Central Ohio....????:shock:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Now why on earth did you ban Mike Simmons moving to Lehi Utah from Central Ohio....????:shock:
Sometimes we get played and they think they are getting away with it, well sometimes you just gotta
be SNARKY

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Sometimes we get played and they think they are getting away with it, well sometimes you just gotta
be SNARKY
Totally agree, just wanted to let folks know that he was just plain outright lying, a trait that I find somewhat reprehensible. I believe you guys gave him ample opportunity to play nice and let bygones be bygones but some people just don't get it. He reminds me a lot of my daughter sometimes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Darin is a nice guy. Very pleasant they few times I conversated with him. He sure did donate a lot to the youth fair in the past. Always sad to see guys on here rag on someone else who isn't here to defend himself.

·
Administrator
7,936 Posts
Darin is a nice guy. Very pleasant they few times I conversated with him. He sure did donate a lot to the youth fair in the past. Always sad to see guys on here rag on someone else who isn't here to defend himself.
I have also heard a lot of really nice things about Darin. Sometimes I think his bad wrap comes from envy and not reality.

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
Totally agree, just wanted to let folks know that he was just plain outright lying, a trait that I find somewhat reprehensible...........................................
Uh..........this is an internet forum. "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story".

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
thank you

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
Dang it, I was gonna ask him to put some pictures up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts