Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in a bunch of hunt applications there is a warning.

That transplants or air surveys could be taken in the area during the hunts.

Seems that it could possibly take place during a time that it isn't hunting season, rather than a time that is hunting season.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Blame me for some of that... I pitched a fit when I found out they scheduled Mt Goat transplants 2 days before my Wifes OIL goat hunt started. And yes, they ran goats all over that mountain.

-DallanC

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Saw that myself during MWscott72's OIL sheep hunt on the stansburys last year. I would have been one PO'd tagholder if it was me. Mike held it together surprisingly well. Crazy! There were sheep running all over and right at the end of his hunt.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I appreciated that I was warned of that when I applied for a sheep tag. It we would be much better hearing it now than hearing about it after all the excitement of drawing such a tag.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Glad I am not the only one that finds this not only strange, amusing and frustrating. I fully understand the need for transplants, studies etc however, it seems that they can wait until the LE/OIL hunts are over to perform these types of activities. Tough to balance but I believe with enough forethought and logistical planning it could be done. just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts