Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have finished my limit this morning, but I got greedy and wanted the last duck to finish like the rest of them did! It was a nice surprise to see the jewelery when I picked up the banded bird - she was banded on Jan. 24, 2014 in New Mexico.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
nice! I cant bring myself to shoot a hen (personal choise) but, I do look for bands every time they put their feet down. haven't seen one on a hen yet

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Heck I cant hit any of them.:neutral:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nice shoot Jeff. To each their own on the hen... I would have pulled the trigger no hesitation. If you hadn't of harvested that bird, you wouldn't have that band to show for it. One day, I'll get a duck band (I'm jealous :mrgreen:). It has to be a pretty dang good day for me to pass up on anything that isn't green that comes into my blocks..

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Nice shoot!8) Was it banded in San Antonio, Socorro County New Mexico? I shot a banded Pintail from there a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Nice! I bet she was banded on the Bosque del Apache NWR-that place is amazing and gets huge numbers of ducks and snow geese in the late season. Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts