Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, here's some pics.

I vacationed and hunted in Hawaii from the 17th to the 28th of December. Quite a good time despite spending it with the inlaws. :wink:

I took a boat ride to lanai to chase critters.The axis deer there are a tone of fun and very difficult to sneak up on. I would liken it to spot and stalk elk hunting. What a hoot. I had my chances, but in the after 16 miles of walking/hiking would not quite get er done with the axis deer. I also was able to hunt turkey and pheasants with my bow, good fun.

The wales were about in full swing, so we headed out on a boat to give em a look see. That was an enjoyable experience.

I got to relax and read quite a bit, I suppose that was my favorite part, aside from hunting.

A few days later I would be traveling to Mexico to hunt and relax. I needed it to some extent after hawaii with the in laws. :D :mrgreen:

The first day I got there, Mike shot two muleys, one being this really heavy, great scoring brute.

I set out originally to hunt coues deer with my bow. I have taken several Muleys in Mexico and was looking forward to something different. That's where I ran into a problem. Once I started chasing oryx, I couldn't stop. I ended up chasing them for 5 days with my bow and blowing a few opportunities before scoring on this record book bull on the second to last day.

Danny was looking to score on a nice oryx and had spent 2 days just trying to locate some, when 5 eland came out of nowhere. A few shots later Danny would find himself standing in back of a thousand pound, beautifully marked animal. He was ecstatic. The whole thing was captured on Mini DV.

Not being much of a hunter, Greg decided he might want to give it a try, so we set out to bag him an oryx. We found this dandy bull bedded down under a Palo Verde. The kill shot made great film and Greg went home happy.

Jared decided he wanted to try his hand at coues deer hunting and amazingly enough (Not a typical coues hunt for us there) he was able to score on this nice buck on the first day. And yes, this one was caught on tape as well.

Jayson had a great hunt starting it off with a 26" 175ish buck on the 10th day, which he dubbed his "safety buck". On the 11th day, he found himself surrounded by an angry mob of killer javelina and decided to do his best John Wayne Gacy impression, which ended up being a pretty good one.

On the very last day, we Jayson and I set out to bag our last muley of the hunt. We had one more animal, so we decided we would stay in contact with each other and if we had a decent buck that we could get on film, we'd take him.

An hour and a half into the hunt, as we stalked in to range of a decent buck, the shooting began. We knew that it had to be them, so we got on the radio.

Low and behold, he had shot the best buck we'd seen harvested in the last 5 years. He's a smoker, 32" wide and around close to the 200" mark. And all caught on film! :D

This trip is gonna make some great TV. Keep an eye out.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A la verga wey!

HOGAN said:
That aint even you nimb rod.
Which is why my post wasn't titled: "Look what I shot!".
:mrgreen:

Fatbass, that's copyright infringement, you'll be hearing from my attorney. :p

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts

You can tell that last picture is staged. If he really was hunting, the hammer would be ****ed, and he would have his finger on the trigger. O*--

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Loke said:
You can tell that last picture is staged. If he really was hunting, the hammer would be ****ed, and he would have his finger on the trigger. O*--
Trust me, I wasn't letting him even see the bullets that went in that gun!

They're both staged......
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Pics are at work. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Alright fatbass, here they are.

:D

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
looks like a blast. Good trip and Congrats.

I'll give you an "Atta Boy" on the photo's also. They are great.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
You know, I don't have a problem with people that have been successful in life, most have worked hard for it, but in a forum that is already of a mind set that the rich are taken over hunting...is this the right place to flaunt your wealth?

1 : to display or obtrude oneself to public notice <a great flaunting crowd - Charles Dickens>
2 : to wave or flutter showily <the flag flaunts in the breeze>
3 : to display ostentatiously or impudently : parade <flaunting his superiority>

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
BPturkeys said:
You know, I don't have a problem with people that have been successful in life, most have worked hard for it, but in a forum that is already of a mind set that the rich are taken over hunting...is this the right place to flaunt your wealth?

1 : to display or obtrude oneself to public notice <a great flaunting crowd - Charles Dickens>
3 : to display ostentatiously or impudently : parade <flaunting his superiority>
Are you kidding me? Are you saying it's OK for some 'poor' successful hunters to "flaunt" their success, but not for a supposed "wealthy" hunter? Get real, what is this, the Third grade.

You said, "in a forum that is already of a mind set that the rich are taken over hunting...is this the right place to flaunt your wealth?" Correction, on a forum where SOME are of the mindset that the rich have taken over hunting. I am NOT one of them, in fact I am 180 degrees from that. I know for a FACT there are MANY others on here who do NOT agree with your childish comments.

·
Registered
824 Posts
BPturkey I agree with PRO, and how are you so sure he is rich. I know alot of guys who drive brand new trucks who are not rich. I know alot of guys who go on cruises who are not rich. I know alot of guys with flat screens, cable packages, entertainment systems.....who are not RICH! Everyone has their own priorities.

And even if he was rich, you need to get off the mind set that life is a 0 sum. The more that someone else has does not mean the less you will be able to obtain.

Keep the photos coming Tree.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
BPturkeys said:

I seen no flaunting of any sort. I thought it was a well put together story with pictures and I really enjoyed it. I do not know Tree, besides from the forum and I assume you don't either, so how did you come up with the conclusion he is rich and flaunting it? Who knows maybe he has been saving up for ten years to do this one hunt, we don't know and quite frankly it is none of our **** business.

Tree as 10000ft said keep them coming! :D

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time...Hawaii? Who knew?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
BPturkeys said:

Are you kidding me! Mind your own bleeping buisness. I would think that 99.9 percent of us wanted and enjoyed reading and seeing pictures from places few of us will ever get the chance to go and hunt. I loved it, thanks tree

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Rich or poor those are some nice animals. I won't hide it I'm jealous.

Why did he shoot the baby piglets? Thats just mean. I thought you was trophy huntin? :D

For those without a funny bone that last part was a joke.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
truemule said:
Why did he shoot the baby piglets? Thats just mean. I thought you was trophy huntin? :D
Come on... everyone knows the younger animals taste better.... why let em grow when you can eat em now?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts