Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice/opinion/help on getting my hull repaired on my new to me duck boat. Had it out yesterday and all was fine. Went again today and at the launch found out that i wouldnt be hunting today. Not good. It looks like a previous weld job has gone bad. I missed it when i looked at it to buy it. The eye hook has ripped out from the boat. Does anybody know a guy or a shop that could look this over for me? I found a shop in NSL that does aluminum repair/welding. Plan on talking to them but would like a fair deal and would like to get a second opinion. The opener was ok. Lots of skybusting all around which was tough when birds wanted to work the spread but couldnt. Thats how it goes sometimes. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Looking for advice/opinion/help on getting my hull repaired on my new to me duck boat. Had it out yesterday and all was fine. Went again today and at the launch found out that i wouldnt be hunting today. Not good. It looks like a previous weld job has gone bad. I missed it when i looked at it to buy it. The eye hook has ripped out from the boat. Does anybody know a guy or a shop that could look this over for me? I found a shop in NSL that does aluminum repair/welding. Plan on talking to them but would like a fair deal and would like to get a second opinion. The opener was ok. Lots of skybusting all around which was tough when birds wanted to work the spread but couldnt. Thats how it goes sometimes. Thanks for any help.
Back when I was a teen I crashed an aluminum boat. Partially my fault and partially not my fault. It was much worse than what you have there and was successfully repaired. Anyone who has the experience welding aluminum should be able to do a good job. I am thinking it will need some backing on the inside of the hull as well as the outside of the hull with that sort of hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts