Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I fished another high mountain reservoir today before the weather changes and gets bad again. We launched our tubes about 9:15 and fished until 2:15. The weather was perfect as you can see from some of the pics. The reservoir is as low as I have ever seen it and the deepest water we fished over was 10'.

We used our usual fly gear, medium sinking lines and size 6 & 8 bead head buggers and leeches. We picked up two really ugly 15" rainbows and the rest were nice healthy cutthroats from 13" to 22" long.

The water temperature was 41-42 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 3'-4'. The reservoir is 13% full and stable.

There were a few elk bugling while we were there and a few ducks that passed through during the day.

I sure hope we get a good winter or we are going to be in deep do do.:(

There were four bank fishermen while we were there and I saw them catch at least three fish. It wasn't fast fishing even though the fish are concentrated but the quality of the fish made up for it.

There was a large group of folks that showed up on the hill above the reservoir about 1:30. I'm not sure what they were up to but I don't think they came to watch us fish. :p

Cloud Water Sky Natural landscape Lake
Sky Cloud Water Plant Ecoregion
Grille Mesh Wire fencing Automotive exterior Net
Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Highland
Water Water resources Tree Snow Natural landscape
Organism Fin Fish Fluid Marine biology
Mesh Automotive lighting Grass Automotive exterior Fish
Vertebrate Botany Nature Water Organism
Sky Cloud Slope Bedrock Plain

1 - 1 of 1 Posts