Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I have an old pair of breathables I iherited years ago (like 10+, but honestly, I didn't use then for 5-6 years of that time). The boots are just now starting to crack, but I think I've found all the offending holes. The breathable wader material is still solid...which amazes me. Had a good leak in the left boot but found the hole and patched it with E6000. That is some good stuff. Hopefully I can make it thru the season, but I'll probably bite the bullet and get a new pair mid-late Nov. Nothing sucks more than wet feet when it's cold, and they always spring a leak at the most inoportune time!

I need to look and see who made those things...of course, being so long ago, who knows what their quality is now.

Btw, my vote is for breathables too. So much more comfortable than neoprenes - even late season.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I found some wading boots on Cabelas website. It said if I ordered now(last Saturday), I could pick them up in Lehi the next day. So I ordered them so my kid could wear my old neoprenes for the youth hunt.
Well it turns out their website lied. I might be able to pick them up sometime next week. GRRR

Anyways, I stopped by the DI to see if they had any old size 13 boots(my kids big for a 12 year old) that would work with waders. They happened to have a pair of Sorels that work perfect. I’m going to tell Cabelas to refund me.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I hear this is the best stuff for wader repairs. This is what the repair department at Hi n Dry uses to fix waders. View attachment 153378
I’m sure that stuff is good, but at $15 for an ounce, it’s pricey. The E6000 adhesive is just under $5 for 2 ounces of product...and can be bought at Home Depot. I just patched the hell out of an old set of waders (boots are finally cracking after years of use), and this stuff plugged all the leaks like a champ. I’ve also used it on my breathable fishing waders, and no leaks after over an entire year since the patch was done…and the leak was extensive. It bonds great and remains pliable too.

With everything being more expensive these days, it’s been nice to find a product that works well and is still cheap.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts