Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to get up into the mountains again and attempt to fill my tag!
Gonna be running around in the Wasatch extended archery area...

Anyone else find it funny when the hikers up there think archers will accidentally shoot a hiker thinking they are an elk or deer? they say
"Are you able to be up here hunting while we are here?"
I swear 3 or 4 people said that while I was hunting over by dog lake...

I told them "Well I doubt im gonna shoot someone accidentally thinking their an elk when i have to be within 30 to 40 yards of them."

The more silly group I ran into like froze on the trail when I was coming up it like I was some kind of terrorist with C4 strapped to my chest...As I passed them I told them "I'm not that scary..." which i think broke a bit of the ice cause they laughed at that...

Opening weekend I did meet a lot of nice people while up there that were hiking though...even though sometimes people have misdirected fears of hunters its still entertaining...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I find it just as funny when people say "the archery hunt has started" and it is October.:p Most are so oblivious to the amount of hunters up there.

Good luck and I guess the bow is still shooting good for you. I still have to wait a couple weeks to chase deer up there during the overtime season. :(

Reactions: phorisc

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find it just as funny when people say "the archery hunt has started" and it is October.:p Most are so oblivious to the amount of hunters up there.

Good luck and I guess the bow is still shooting good for you. I still have to wait a couple weeks to chase deer up there during the overtime season. :(
Ya they are pretty oblivious :p
bows shooting great! its got one of your strings on it! :D
Im waiting on the deer as well, in the meantime im going after the elk, hopefully I can fill it before deer extended starts then all I gotta worry about is filling the deer tag.

·
Registered
596 Posts
we have had 9 people walk through a spot we hunt , all around 7 to 8 pm . we hunt by water holes trying to get elk coming water . half looked like they were going to cry and wanted us to invite them to stay . some walked right down the middle of the meadow and stood on the dam of the cattle pond just after sunset . scaring the elk we were watching come in . we do not to hunt Saturdays this was on Fridays. BUT even with all the craziness its still fun to be out there . I just wish more people didn't walk around aimlessly spooking everything .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts