Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what day does it sale? Is it even possible it will surpass the $390,000 it went for last year?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Just think of how much habitat that will save.

That has got to result in what? One or two deer if the weather permits it.

Reactions: robiland

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm just surprised there are any deer, sheep, or antelope on the Island with the uncontrolled predator population ripping them limb from limb.... ;-)

I wager the tag will bring enough to make some people say the price is outrageous. The price will also be high enough that the winner will get to show he had the most cash to spend. (Which is, surprisingly enough, the reason many of the tags bring so much)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
And when someone asks why did you throw that much money on a tag. Don't you think you could have gotten a great hunt on Alton ect for a fraction of the cost. He gets to say oh its for a good cause that money will go to habitat. And everyone gets to feel warm and fuzzy.

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
And just think that the entire amount donated/paid (minus the actual cost the tag) is tax deductible!
THATS the real reason. If I was rich and needed some tax deductions, id probably throw the money at something that let me do something others couldn't, AND let me look like a good guy to those who didn't realize what was going on.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm just surprised there are any deer, sheep, or antelope on the Island with the uncontrolled predator population ripping them limb from limb.... ;-)
If they released a cougar or two on AI could this hunt even happen or at least wouldn't it command the money it does today? I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Same question but instead a pack of wolves with the bison on AI.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
$410,000.... Crazy

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Score one for habitat!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts