Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was up doing some work on the north slope this week and was heading up west fork of blacks fork toward buck pasture. out pop 2 doe antelope and run across the meadow... they didnt want to go in the trees so they just kind of ran here and there till they found a way through to another open area. this was right next to the boy scout fire, so pretty high elevation.
i have never seen antelope at this location before. on the boulder they are that high all the time, but never here.

so, goob, have you seen em up in this location before?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
We saw some around there last year.

We watched a few at just short of 8500' a few days ago, in another Northern Utah location. They were bedded in the sagebrush, at the edge of the firs. This has been seen all over the West for the last several years.

I watched a mass spring migration that consisted of deer, elk, and antelope last spring. As a colleague of mine likes to say, "Things just keep getting more strange".

·
Administrator
21,310 Posts
was up doing some work on the north slope this week and was heading up west fork of blacks fork toward buck pasture. out pop 2 doe antelope and run across the meadow... they didnt want to go in the trees so they just kind of ran here and there till they found a way through to another open area. this was right next to the boy scout fire, so pretty high elevation.
i have never seen antelope at this location before. on the boulder they are that high all the time, but never here.

so, goob, have you seen em up in this location before?
That's just amazing. The closest I've seen antelope to Buck Pasture is back north on the other side of the piney woods right on the National Forest boundary.

Man, 30 years ago Buck Pasture was something.

·
Registered
790 Posts
A few years back we were up on the East Fork and we say I nice buck run across the road almost all the way up to the Ranger Cabin. I had never seen one up that high before.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have seen them up there before. I saw a doe in the timber over by the Kings peak trail head earlier this year. Over in that general location i saw a monster buck antelope in the timber also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts