Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting in for Antelope. I would not be looking for a record buck but would like a chance at a nice buck. Which unit would you suggest I pout in for. I see Riverbend seems to be a popular one but you need a ton of points. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Southwest desert is a fun one and one of my favorite parts of the state. There are a lot of antelope out there. And you can go check out the big bulls while your out there too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Any pronghorn unit will do!

Just find a unit with better odds. You may be in the game 6-10 years unless your willing to hunt the Parker's! Or go archery. Chasing pronghorn is a good time no matter what!

·
Super Moderator
3,405 Posts
That's right, Wyoming has thousands, perhaps billions, of antelope - Option 2, micro-managed since 1933.

I knew my comment would get a reaction out of you. I just figured you were having withdrawals from the lack of Utah license plates in Evanston since the lotto has ended. :grin:

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
If that were the case he can just hang out in Porters parking lot. Always some Utah plates there picking up beer / fireworks.

-DallanC

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
I knew my comment would get a reaction out of you. I just figured you were having withdrawals from the lack of Utah license plates in Evanston since the lotto has ended. :grin:
Speaking of Utah license plates and hijacking threads, yesterday the Evanston Police Department and the Uinta County Sheriffs Department had some Utah individuals in 2 separate vehicles surrounded, with 8 LEO vehicles, at the center of commerce for the southwest Wyoming part of Utah; the Front Street Maverick Gas Station in Evingston.

Vehicle and pedestrian traffic on busy Front Street was curtailed for nearly an hour although drug traffic in the nearby burger joint parking lot proceeded as usual. No one was moving in Hooterville during the incident and there were dozens, perhaps thousands, of vehicles with Utah plates stopped in and around the incident.

What was going on Jeff?

I haven't seen that many Utah punks in Evingston since Tattoo Tuesday back in November of 2013 when all the tattoo parlors had that big price war.

Reactions: CPAjeff

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think the biggest piece of information that would help in your decision is: Where are you located?

for me, it wouldn't make sense to put in for Southwest Desert if you lived on the Wasatch Front.

You said you didn't necessarily want a trophy, so I'd say pick the unit closest to you with good odds, and go have some fun!

Reactions: willfish4food

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Archery on the Southwest Desert was a blast. One of the most fun hunts I've ever had. It takes only a couple of points to get that now. If it isn't too far away for someone who hunts it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts