Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I have 11 points and would really like to draw a decent tag , I'm getting tired of putting in and not drawing . I thought I would have drawn a tag a few years ago. I want to start putting in for elk . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thanks for your help .

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Biggest antelope I've ever seen in my life was in the riverbed back when family friends owned the dryfarm there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard riverbed is one of if not the best in state . Didn't think it would take this many points though. I don't know if I want to put in and not draw again though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Put in for Deseret!

There are a lot of hunts/units you can draw that will be suitable for you.

find a unit you can draw. Hunt pronghorn and make sure you have a cooler with ice on hand for your meat. Then next year. you can start putting in for elk!

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
My standard setup for antelope hunting is a 160 qt cooler with 60 lbs of ice before I get in the field. It makes an incredible difference in the meat quality when you can put it immediately in the ice. Even those big bucks can be absolutely delicious!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Amen!

You should see the look on peoples faces when I tell them I would take a well taken care pronghorn steak before I would take an elk steak! It cracks me up every time!

Speaking of pronghorn steaks! I better get some thawing for tonight! Wyoming and utah treated me well last year! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have drawn two archery antelope tags on the Riverbed. Took one nice one with my compound and one with my recurve. Both nice goats, P&Y and are sentimental to me. I really like that unit, it's has some great Antelope out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your input everyone ,I think Deseret sounds good . About what is the average size to expect there ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts