Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here draw the e. Cyn/Davis Elk tag? #5-516?
The early half of the season was very, very slow. But I did do some good scouting- still, nothing.

I'm not asking where (the forum Nazis have made their point on that), but has anyone seen any migration behavior, or otherwise movement? I may need to be switching spots.
Just a 'Yea' or 'Nay' would be helpful.

Also, looking for a used recurve in good shape.
40-50# draw @ 28". Discovered a warped limb on mine, can't get any consistency out of it.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
mr_sweeten said:
I'm not asking where (the forum Nazis have made their point on that), but has anyone seen any migration behavior, or otherwise movement?
I must have missed them Nazis. But I've been in the Clear Creek/Big Mountain area pretty heavy during the last couple of weeks. I've only seen two set of tracks, both individuals so I'm thinking probably raghorn bulls. Need a big change in the weather.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That area was hunted very heavily during the elk due to buck/bull permit holders. (I spoke to ten in one day, and this was just on one ridge around a large bowl.) Then again during the rifle deer hunt. (I counted 21 hunters on one ridge on the second to last day of the deer hunt.) As of a few days ago, still barren of much elk sign. If you've got options, you might want to explore them.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
We hunted a totally different area--Fish Lake--and the situation may be different elsewhere, but the cow we ended up shooting was at an elevation over 11,000 feet. We saw more elk above the treeline than below it...the weather this week will probably change that, but...it has been a strange year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, all, for the response. That's what I'd been thinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts