Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Airborne -- sorry to come across that way. But, I don't feel sympathy for you having to share your hunt with other hunters.

Good luck to you and your daughter on the hunt. I hope you both make the best of this opportunity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it does make you sound entitled. I’d bet those general OTC bowhunters aren’t too thrilled sharing the mountains with a bunch of inexperienced kids looking to shoot at anything that moves.
Then take the day back let the kids hunt

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So Moose, are you gonna go edit post #4 in this thread as it's giving out incorrect information and if folks follow your lead they could get a ticket?

I believe next year (2022) the archers will probably not have to wear orange but this year it's the law.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
So Moose, are you gonna go edit post #4 in this thread as it's giving out incorrect information and if folks follow your lead they could get a ticket?

I believe next year (2022) the archers will probably not have to wear orange but this year it's the law.
He's checking with his pro-shop buddies on what to do...

·
Registered
993 Posts

Nah, it’ll be good for people to have to figure out how to get the correct information themselves.

and with this being the first and probably last year this rule will be in existence, playing dumb will most likely lead to nothing more than a simple verbal warning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post and I'm sure I will ruffle some feathers. So the bowhunters got an extension on their already long season huh? I haven't even mentioned the perk they get for the extended archery seasons that run through the end of November and December. Adult Hunters are already pissing on the "Youth Hunters" when they don't realize that the Youth will be the future of hunting. I bet most didn't even realize that those that are confined to a wheelchair can also hunt during the Youth Elk Hunt, but the bowhunters that made this proposal kinda screwed the disabled hunters just because they wanted more perks. I know I know the LE and ML guys get to hunt during the rut, but the archery hunters do get to enjoy better draw odds. We are talking about General Season Units and not LE units. Fire away at me.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My first post and I'm sure I will ruffle some feathers. So the bowhunters got an extension on their already long season huh? I haven't even mentioned the perk they get for the extended archery seasons that run through the end of November and December. Adult Hunters are already pissing on the "Youth Hunters" when they don't realize that the Youth will be the future of hunting. I bet most didn't even realize that those that are confined to a wheelchair can also hunt during the Youth Elk Hunt, but the bowhunters that made this proposal kinda screwed the disabled hunters just because they wanted more perks. I know I know the LE and ML guys get to hunt during the rut, but the archery hunters do get to enjoy better draw odds. We are talking about General Season Units and not LE units. Fire away at me.
Welcome to the forum, though there's another forum for that too.

And us bow hunters don't just fire away like rifle guys... We identify our targets first, so you're safe here. You know, kinder and gentler now that we're all PC.

·
Super Moderator
10,001 Posts

And us bow hunters don't just fire away like rifle guys... We identify our targets first, so you're safe here. You know, kinder and gentler now that we're all PC.
I don't know about that.

Years ago I had a arrow go flying past me as I was stalking a elk. I guess the Jr Robin Hood thought that he better shoot the elk before I got close enough.

Neither one of us got that bull.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't know about that.

Years ago I had a arrow go flying past me as I was stalking a elk. I guess the Jr Robin Hood thought that he better shoot the elk before I got close enough.

Neither one of us got that bull.
Combat bowhunting is my favorite bowhunting

21 - 35 of 35 Posts