Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen any elk on wildcat hills or south of kelton I have a late cow tag out there with no access to private ground I'm pretty limited but I haven't ever seen anything but jack rabbits and coyotes out there

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ya its a tuff hunt my dad had the tag and we never did find the elk, granted he was supper busy and we didn't get out there much at all. I have seen them on the south end of the range just south of snowville. I would suggest getting the onXmap for your phone and buy the Utah map for 35 dollars it gives you all the landowners and then make some phone calls. Don't ask for access just ask them if you see the elk from one of the public roads on there property can you walk into there property to shoot one. They might be more willing if you won't be trying to drive on there property. If you can go ask in person it is better. There is also a lot of Walk in access areas out there that you could keep your eye on and whether the elk ever go onto those areas. I wish we would have had the onXmap for my dad it would have made it way easier. and not as discouraging because we would have known who's door to knock on for where the elk were. Rather than spending time asking a whole bunch of people who didn't have elk on there property. Plus being up in Plymouth you might be surprised who owns the property, and you might just know them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts