Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious about your experience if you have. Crowds? Elk numbers? During my drives from slc to cedar city I'm always scoping out the mountains in certain places and some of them look like good country. Ive seen elk off the freeway a couple times this year. They have been on the limited entry side but in my simple mind I'm thinking,"hmmm, if there are elk this close to the freeway on one side then maybe on the other side...." One of these weekends I'm gonna.have to go scout things out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is a lot of private land on that side of the road. The west side of beaver is probally your best bet. A lot of ppl and not a lot of elk though. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inaccessible private land, lots of hunters and very few elk? Yep, sounds like Utah general season any bull elk hunting to me :). I've actually been having decent luck on the private land on the Zion unit I hunt the past couple years. I'm kinda looking for backup spots for places to hunt in future years if I'm unable to turn up anything on the limited country I have to roam on the Zion. I've even thought about going plum crazy and trying to find the suckers over in Pine Valley. That would be a real feather in a guys cap to say he filled his OTC open bull tag in Pine Valley!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts