Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in hearing some good stories if anybody was there. I still have time and will go back next weekend. I had a great opportunity (100 yrds). But by the time I could pick out a cow out of the group they were headed to the next county!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a friend down there trying to get his kid a cow. He got called up after the draw because they issued more tags. I think he will be back tonight so I will update you if I hear. I wanted to go with him but work wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is he from Orangeville? I ran in to several people down there. It was really fun because everyone was so interested in helping out one another.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I spent half of my life this past little while down there. At least it felt like it. I only saw buffs on two occassions and I am 99% sure that they were the same two that I saw twice. I wasn't in the Buffalo areas but snuck into 27 yards on the Bull. He was a nice, big, very broomed bull. I would have been happy with him. The cow that was with him had horns that went straight out of her head for about three inches and ended there. I think that she was the original buffalo that was put on that mountain. She stood up to run and she had NO meat on her at all. She was a standing dead Buffalo. She'll never make it even until winter let alone through it. She was in extremely poor condition with absolutely No back straps left. If I knew how to spell Atrophied, that's the word that I would have used to describe her. :D

Are all of these cow hunters that are out right now, the ones that got the late notification?

I'm happy for them but since we drew on the regular draw it stinks that they added all of the others.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, everybody out there right now has a cow tag. There were 20 for this first hunt. On the opening morning we worked two herds of about 60 bison. The second day, NADA! I decided to return home a day early and try again next weekend.

Anybody with any more tips? By the way, the bison we saw looked VERY healthy.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
tander123 said:
Is he from Orangeville? I ran in to several people down there. It was really fun because everyone was so interested in helping out one another.
No. He is from santiquin. It is nice to see everyone helping each other on a hunt like that. I hear they can be tough to locate sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts