Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little time off coming up and I keep hearing about how fun Wipers are to hook into. I have never had the opportunity but would really like to.. If anyone has any tips or info that could help me it would be greatly appreciated. a PM would be appreciated if you don't feel like sharing on a open forum. Thanks guys!

The Gee

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
we have had some luck with white rapals. I will let you know, I am hopefully going out this weekend. depending on the weather. it gets pretty rough out in the boat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've been there every other day when weather permits wiper action on hit also a few medium size cats... good fishing :cool: no boat! by the way Muscles for bait,

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been there every other day when weather permits wiper action on hit also a few medium size cats... good fishing :cool: no boat! by the way Muscles for bait,
Just under a bobber? Or off the bottom? Or what? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was there yesterday and got nothing. Willard has never been friendly to me. I tried a jointed shad Rapala and a pearl colored jig.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Fished it Saturday and did OK, landed 7 wipers and 4 walleye from 9:00-2:00. Trolling shad raps at 2.5 mph. Haven't been able to find them in good sized schools, just been picking up a few fish here or there. If you have a boat start at freeway bay and vary your speed up til you can find them. Anywhere from 1-3 mph has been producing. Let plenty of line out, use planer boards if you have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts