Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to roll my own for this waterfowl season so I can get some decent patterning loads. Where do you get your components from? Primarily looking to reload either #2 or #3 steel shot in 12 gauge, 2 3/4" or 3". I have a couple of thousand AA hulls sitting in the garage so if I can get a decent effective 2 3/4" load that would be my preference.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I roll my own waterfowl loads for 12-28ga and have been for many years. The problem with the AA hull is it is tapered and doesn't work so well with the steel wads on the market. There is a lot of information on steel reloading on waterfowl website like duckhuntingchat and refuge forums. For componenets to reload, you can buy it from precision reloading or ballistic products or bucksrunsupply and you get data there to.

I have tried dozens of loads, wads, hulls from all of the suppliers and if you are more specific on the load you want, I can find you the data and save you a lot of time and money. I have everything you'd need to get going if you want to meet up I can give you a quick tutorial. I'll throw you a PM and we can talk.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Trade those AA hulls for some Gold Metals.

I've bought my Reloading Specialties Inc. steel shot & wads from Mike @ Utah Fiber in Ogden 801-399-2754. You will see his ad on KSL now & then. He has had shot, wads, primers, HW13 shot and Alliant Steel And RSI Manuals. He is a dealer for RSI and has treated me very fare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts