Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Looks like a legless lizard, I would start there.

And congrats on beating Goob to canned snake.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Rubber boas have a blunt tail that look like their heads. So it's not one of those

It does look like a legless lizard

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,440 Posts
I'm voting for Eastern Worm Snake.

Reactions: Lonetree

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
"When not underground, C. a. amoenus resides mostly under rocks, logs and leaf litter, or burrowed within rotting woody debris"

Reactions: deerhuntinghippie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"When not underground, C. a. amoenus resides mostly under rocks, logs and leaf litter, or burrowed within rotting woody debris"
Yeah it's a worms snake for sure.
I found a different snake yesterday evening. My camera was dying so I'm not sure how the rushed footage will turn out but it was yet another small, strange looking snake. It was the color of a dry, brown leaf and its body looked flatter than most snakes. I rolled it over and the belly was strikingly reddish orange. I'm almost certain it's a different species than the worm snake.
Any ideas? I know without a picture it's hard to say for sure. North Georgia is the location.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
I don't know of a venomous snake in the USA with the belly you described though. So without a photo my best guess would be red-bellied water snake. Look at the link I posted above and see if that was the snake you saw

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know of a venomous snake in the USA with the belly you described though. So without a photo my best guess would be red-bellied water snake. Look at the link I posted above and see if that was the snake you saw

I think that it may have been one of those. I found it in some hardwoods near a river. Probably 150 yards from the water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts