Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at the ads a couples days ago and sportsmans has a savage rifle package it come in 7mm, .270, .243, and 30-06 and i was wondering if anyone has one and if they like it

·
Registered
755 Posts
My dad bought me a Savage 30-06 package when I turned 14 (16 years ago). It came with a Walnut stock, Bushnell 3 X 9 scope, and sling. I still shoot that gun today although It now has a synthetic stock and VX-III on it. I never could get rid of it because it is such a great shooting gun! For the price, I wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got that package in a .243 and a .223 (both wood stocks). A friend of mine has the same package in a .223 (wood stock) and another friend in the .243 (synthetic stock). They have all been excellent guns. I have replaced the scope on my .223 with a Burris Fullfield II which is a much better scope than what it came with, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. In fact, I really wish they would offer that package in a .204 Ruger with a wood stock.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I own several of the Savages , but not the package deal. The Savages (for the money) are one of the most accurate rifles out of the box on the market today. The only problem could be the package deals only offer a cheap starter scope. You may want to upgrade in a year or two. Just MHO.

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
The accutrigger is incredible, I have the model 9 in .223 Rem bull barrel; I love it. An article in Peterson's Hunting, I think??? (can't find the article) featured the accutrigger and how it is changing the whole industry as all other manufacturers try to make a trigger as lightweight that is safe, tough task. I got the package with the Simmons 4-12 scope, it is okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts