Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
The nominating committee is where we need people. I don't know how you get on that -- gotta know Spencer, I guess.

any ideas who is even on the nominating committee? I think UWN should have representation.

Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
The nominating committee is where we need people. I don't know how you get on that -- gotta know Spencer, I guess.

any ideas who is even on the nominating committee? I think UWN should have representation.
No clue. I don't even know how to apply, but I'll figure it out before the March deadline.

I know some people on here have political connections. Go pull some strings! I could start a campaign thread on here and make all my promises, but I don't think that is how it works. Plus, we all know that campaign promises are hollow and I don't want to be like them.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
No clue. I don't even know how to apply, but I'll figure it out before the March deadline.

I know some people on here have political connections. Go pull some strings! I could start a campaign thread on here and make all my promises, but I don't think that is how it works. Plus, we all know that campaign promises are hollow and I don't want to be like them.
You could contact Donnie Hunter, he always seemed like a nice guy, he could probably give you some advice on how to apply. I'm sure Wade Heaton would also, they are the only two I know personally.
https://wildlife.utah.gov/board-members.html

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the KSL article has a link that provides a place to register and apply. But without backing from the nomination committee -- I just don't know how it might work.

but if Vanilla never registers and applies, we'll never know. :noidea:

Reactions: Bax* and Vanilla

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear it. I figure there has to be some pretty qualified people on the forum. Interested to hear how the application process goes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any idea when new board member selections are announced? Just wondering the timing of nominating committee recommendations, and then governors selection, if board members terms aren’t up until August 1.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
So if I were to apply with a masters in Environmental Science, bachelors in Pubic Administration, would that be enough?
No. You still have to be nominated by the committee. I'd imagine that once the applicants make it to the committee and they review, qualifications then go out the window.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I applied years back and learned that recommendations are essential. I secured 2 recommendations from organizations that I belonged to at the time, but it wasn't enough. Didn't even make the first cut. I don't know for a fact, but I strongly suspect that some organizations carry a lot more weight than others.

Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I applied years back and learned that recommendations are essential. I secured 2 recommendations from organizations that I belonged to at the time, but it wasn't enough. Didn't even make the first cut. I don't know for a fact, but I strongly suspect that some organizations carry a lot more weight than others.
When we end up with as many as 4 various known members of one organization serving on the board at the same time for several terms in a row, I'd say you were pretty darn close, Finn! And, I suspect there's some we don't know about for sure.

But, having said that, we still have some who have stood up for the 70+% Utah hunters and fishermen who don't belong to ANY conservation organization, and who listen to those who "speak" up at the meetings or in this case, those who email, call, or text during the Covid. They can't ignore all of us!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
No. You still have to be nominated by the committee. I'd imagine that once the applicants make it to the committee and they review, qualifications then go out the window.

Got it. So...….If I show my donations of $100,000 each year to SFW I would be a "SLAM DUNK". :shock: If anyone believes that, then I have some beach front property on the north slope I'll sell you.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts