Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to apply with a friend for general deer tags but separately for my elk & moose. Is that possible, or do both our selections for other hunts also need be on the same credit card as well?

My friend is a non-resident so I don't want all his other options on my card.

·
Administrator
10,476 Posts
I would just do one application for the general deer and once that one is closed out do another one for the elk and moose. That way you can split them up on different cards.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Each species you put in for asks if you want to add another applicant. So no you don't have to do them all separately

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why can't Utah go to a system like many other states around us? I applied for Wyoming last year and thought their system for group applicants was really slick. New Mexico appears to use a similar system.
The whole group having to go onto the same card is really a hassle when it comes to making sure the front man gets paid back.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
ok I got one as well. this year my group is doing differnt hunts. But im putting in with my buddy for archery,muzzy and rifle deer. Then he wanting to do another unite for his fourth choice for archery . Im going to be doing the same but mine going to be for the muzzy hunt and my nephew wants to put in with me on his four choice. How do i do put him in with me on my four choice so we can draw the same tags?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Keep in mind that they will average the points and if they don't have any you may not draw. My father in law made this mistake last year he hasn't got his first choice tag 2 years in a row where it is normally a shoe in for muzzleloader.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts