Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father moved out of state this last year and is wanting to use his LE deer points this coming year. I have max points for the hunt we are looking at doing. He would have max points as a nonresident; however there are more with max points holders than bonus tags for nonresidents. I understand that our points would be averaged and we would be given 1 number that would be entered into the drawing. I guess I'm wondering how the draw process works after that, do they do the resident and nonresident draws together or separately? Would our number be in the nonresident or resident drawing if done separately? If anyone could help me better understand how it works I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
9,653 Posts
It would be best if you both put in separately if you really want to draw the tags.

I put in as a non resident for years with another resident hunt for LE elk. The first year that we put in separately I drew the tag and he drew the next year.

Look at it this way, instead of you having to concentrate on both of you shooting a nice buck in one year you can have two separate hunts and help each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts