Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm applying for antelope and the unit I want takes 4-5 points. If I have 4 points and don't draw it as my first choice but I draw my second choice, do I lose my points?

I currently don't have a second choice picked but I really want to hunt antelope this year. If the above scenario is right? Would my 4 points put me at the"front of the line" for a unit that requires say 3 points as a second choice?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Here's a link to the information you need:

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/elsapplication/docs/preferencepoint.htm

Here's an excerpt:

"For nonresident full price elk, full price deer and full price antelope, an individual's accumulated preference points are only considered in the limited quota drawing for the applicant's first choice in the preference point drawing.

If the applicant submits the appropriate preference point fee with their limited quota license application for the initial license drawing and does not draw their first choice, they will be awarded a preference point for the year in which the application was submitted. Drawing a license for your second or third choice does not cause preference points to be deleted and the applicant will still be awarded a preference point for the year."

It looks like you will not lose your preference points if you draw a second choice permit. At the same time, your four points won't put you at the front of the line for a second choice drawing. If you really want to draw there this year, you'll probably have to find a second-choice unit you can draw with 0 points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts