Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys use a Aqua-View? Ive been thinking about getting one for a while now, & have fished with guys that have them , But just wondered what everyones thoughts are about them , that have seen them?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use a marcum brand underwater camera. I bought it from cabelas. It has a bigger screen (7"sony) than the aqua view. My fishing partner has the aqua view. My cord on my marcum, is longer than his, so it lets me go to deeper depths. They both work great. I never knew how finicky fish really were untill I used the camera. I have seen some pretty cool things under the ice. You can tell what the structure is like on the bottom. The aqua view has a fish type camera, that I have seen fish attack with their mouth. I tend to watch my screen to tell when I get a bite. I will take a video camera and hook up to the underwater camera and record the fish onto tape. Its a riot. Before investing in a underwater camera, go on the internet and compare the different brands. Cord lenth, monitors, battery life, and reveiws on them. I would invest in a spare battery also. I tend to stay out for a long period of time, and one battery just doesnt last long enough for me. All I can say, is its well worth the investment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would have to agree with gmanhunter, I think they worth getting but make sure to do research first to get the one you want for the water your going to be fishing in. I also fine that easyer to see the picture in a shelter or on cloudy days or with a sun hood.
you can get a small tripod that will help you control the camra.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The screen is black and white. The color screens will cost more. So it depends on how much you want to spend on one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts