Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my son and I have drawn an archery antelope permit. This will be our 4th time drawing the permit. Love that hunt... loads of fun. I also drew an archery deer tag. Don't know what units yet, just that the credit card has been hit. This is the fun time... anticipation and preparing for the hunt.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Same here!

3 LE antelope permits AND 3 deer permits all on Plateau/Boulder ....
( my 3rd lope on this unit in 10 years ) ( my 17 yr olds 2nd LE lope tag )
And my boys buddy drew too ....
One of my FAVORITE/FUN hunts !

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goofy... we will have to keep in touch on the loper hunt. We may be down there the same time and if so, will have to hookup for a visit. This is my 4th permit in 12 years for the same area.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
^^I actualy have the Aquarius Ranger Station rented the entire last week of August..^^

Be sure and stop by !!!!!

I'll probly camp somewere by Antelope springs or Polliwog lake for the opening week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like my son and I have drawn an archery antelope permit. This will be our 4th time drawing the permit. Love that hunt... loads of fun. I also drew an archery deer tag. Don't know what units yet, just that the credit card has been hit. This is the fun time... anticipation and preparing for the hunt.
you have all the luck dude.. i never drawn a utah antelope tag...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pretty awesome! I have never done a loper hunt of any kind. do you guys generally do archery with a blind by water or some other way?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Antelope hunt

i have done few antelope hunts over in wyoming and colorado when i lived there. both of those were OTC tags. i have yet to draw a tag for utah.
colorado hunt was with a Archery. and the wyoming was with rifle. fun hunts just wished i could draw here in Utah...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just received my confirmation email. Archery Deer - Kamas, Archery Antelope - Plateau.

Kdog... I have stalked (most fun and most difficult), decoyed, and sat at water holes (most boreing but most productive)

RSB... we have been successful everytime we have put in for the Plateau area. Probably because someone in the group has always got a few points to share, and archery is so difficult to get an animal that most everyone wants to hunt them with a gun. Gun hunts are no brainers... if you can chew bubble gum, you can shoot a loper with a gun. We hunt them in Wyo with guns, and on a very bad day, we will fill our tags on the first trip, which will take all day. On a normal trip, we have our loper down, cutup and in the cooler by noon.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Pretty awesome! I have never done a loper hunt of any kind. do you guys generally do archery with a blind by water or some other way?
This unit ( and the Pauns'y/Dutton ) unit are unique for atelope;

We use TREESTANDS!----------It's a freak'in BLAST!
And blinds, And spot and stock too ..... It all works.
Non stop action ALL DAY.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too have this archery antelope tag. Never ever hunted antelope before but in scouting found them running away 2miles ahead of me. Should be a learning experience for me. Also have a spike archery tag and a dedicated deer. This will be a fun upcoming season. I'd love any advice on the lope though. I'm set on east side for elk and deer though so I will be lope hunting latter in the hunt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts